Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, December 05, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am so close to finishing my Christmas shopping. Being the good mom that I am I have to make it even and I realized that I need some more small gifts for The Girl. After that I am done!
I am keeping it simple this year for lack of funds but my kids have never had a Christmas where they get loads of stuff. Instead of X-Box or Game Cube or whatever the newest video game rage is they get board games. We are a Christian family so we focus on the birth of a Saviour rather than Santa Clause. (Though he does make an appearance too.) The other reason being I am a single mom making $10.00/hour. I just don't have the money to go all out. This is in no way a complaint. In fact, I feel blessed. The fact is I don't want my kids to have it all. I don't want to keep up with the Jones's. I want my children to appreciate hard work and being thankful for the abundance that God has blessed us with. And you know what? They do. I am teaching them an attitude of gratitude. They know that money comes from working hard and the gifts they receive are given in love.
So on December 25 my kids will wake up to three or four presents each then spend the day with the most amazing and loving family. My kids will be happy. And that is all I care about.

8 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Amen!

3:23 a.m.  
Blogger Anna said...

I second that Amen!

11:57 a.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

If only more folks had the same thought.
Sounds like your christmas will be lovely.

1:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got it all together! Your kids are lucky to have such a caring mom who teaches them the important things in life. Applauding here!

4:53 p.m.  
Blogger Kim said...

What more could you ask for? Happy kids with a great mom. :o)

6:53 p.m.  
Blogger ellen said...

You have all the right priorities, IMHO. I wish more parents would raise their kids with such values. God bless.

4:53 a.m.  
Blogger Richard said...

We get the kids only a couple of things as well. The most expensive thing on the list this year is skates. We figure one decent toy each and some miscellaneous stocking stuffers (courtesy Dollarma) is more than enough.

The gift exchange policy among the adults is that everyone draws a name and buys 1 gift for that person. Of course, some people (notably my sister and brother) break this rule and buy for everyone. Then the mrs and I feel awkward because we have only bought 1 gift for 1 person. sigh.

I hope you and the kids have a great Christmas

9:53 a.m.  
Blogger Bella said...

Christmas has gotten so commercialized that most children do not know the true meaning behind it.

My daughter and I are Pagans but we beleive in Jesus Christ and from the day she could understand Santa, I made sure that she understood Jesus.

11:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket