Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Keeping it simple. We finally put up our tree this evening. Cutting it close eh? This year I was reading an article about keeping it simple. I thought, "Hey, I can do that!"! So I did. I actually went out and bought a 4.5 foot tree. (Only $14.75 because it was on sale.) The kids and I decorated it with the decorations that fit then we boxed everything else up and put them away. I did not decorate the doors or the walls but I will put out the Nativity Scene. I have never done this before but I want to actually enjoy Christmas this year and not be stressed out. (What a concept!) After Christmas I don't want to be in the depression that grabs hold of me every year when I have to take everything down.
It looks really pretty and very simple. I have my favourite mementos and decorations out and the wee tree is twinkling. It is nice.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jezzy said...

Hmmm - and I put up a 7.5 foot three with a thousand decorations. (I'm gonna cry at the entire day it'll take to put it all away!)

Have a lovely Chrismas, Barbara. All the best to you and your family. x

9:44 p.m.  
Blogger Phyllis said...

I too kept it simple this year! It took my 10 minutes to put the tree, lights and garland up. (I bought a 4.5 foot pre-lit tree last year and love it)! I'm giving away most my other decoratioins because they take up dtoo much space. Christmas isn't supposed to be stressful!!

11:26 p.m.  
Blogger Colleen said...

We have a 5 foot tree with 500 lights on it but when it came to the decorations I kept it simple and as I went though the the decorations many that were broken I threw out. It is simple at our house too but cozy and nice. Most of our decorations are ones that I have made or I have obtained for the girls. Simple ornaments but ornaments that have some meaning behind them.

4:18 a.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

Sounds nice and simple, just the way I like it. By the 26th, I'm ready to put everything away and start the new year!

5:17 a.m.  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Simple is nice.
I hope you have the best Christmas ever this year..

8:36 a.m.  
Blogger Anna said...

Hope you are enjoying your time off from work! (and I hope you feel better after your fall). A very merry Christmas to you and your family, and a stocking full of catnip and toy mice for Norbert, too :)

7:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket