Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Keeping it simple. We finally put up our tree this evening. Cutting it close eh? This year I was reading an article about keeping it simple. I thought, "Hey, I can do that!"! So I did. I actually went out and bought a 4.5 foot tree. (Only $14.75 because it was on sale.) The kids and I decorated it with the decorations that fit then we boxed everything else up and put them away. I did not decorate the doors or the walls but I will put out the Nativity Scene. I have never done this before but I want to actually enjoy Christmas this year and not be stressed out. (What a concept!) After Christmas I don't want to be in the depression that grabs hold of me every year when I have to take everything down.
It looks really pretty and very simple. I have my favourite mementos and decorations out and the wee tree is twinkling. It is nice.

7 Comments:

Blogger ddddddddddddddddddddd said...

It's a hard time of year to be alone and along with everything else happening, when we have to take down that little piece of beauty, it makes it harder.
This is my first year alone and I don't even have the kids this year on Christmas so we are having our Christmas on Christmas Eve and the stuff Santa brings they'll open on the 27th because I see them that day too.
Hope that you aren't too sore from your fall. Hugs and prayers.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Hmmm - and I put up a 7.5 foot three with a thousand decorations. (I'm gonna cry at the entire day it'll take to put it all away!)

Have a lovely Chrismas, Barbara. All the best to you and your family. x

9:44 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

I too kept it simple this year! It took my 10 minutes to put the tree, lights and garland up. (I bought a 4.5 foot pre-lit tree last year and love it)! I'm giving away most my other decoratioins because they take up dtoo much space. Christmas isn't supposed to be stressful!!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

We have a 5 foot tree with 500 lights on it but when it came to the decorations I kept it simple and as I went though the the decorations many that were broken I threw out. It is simple at our house too but cozy and nice. Most of our decorations are ones that I have made or I have obtained for the girls. Simple ornaments but ornaments that have some meaning behind them.

4:18 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Sounds nice and simple, just the way I like it. By the 26th, I'm ready to put everything away and start the new year!

5:17 AM  
Blogger happyandblue2 said...

Simple is nice.
I hope you have the best Christmas ever this year..

8:36 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Hope you are enjoying your time off from work! (and I hope you feel better after your fall). A very merry Christmas to you and your family, and a stocking full of catnip and toy mice for Norbert, too :)

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket