Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am feeling angry and tired. I am angry that my kids dad does not do homework with them but leaves it for me to do. I am angry that he gets to have all the fun with the kids while I have to be the drag that makes them do homework. He never feeds them supper either but fills them up on candy, gum and pop.
I am mostly angry with myself that I get impatient with them because I get burnt out. I know they would rather be with him.

Who would you rather be with?

#1 parent - Let's you eat candy and doesn't have a bedtime. You get to go to the park and ride bikes. You don't even have to brush your teeth! You get to play video games (even the one's that say 14a on them) for as many hours as you want. You get to eat out at Wendy's and Burger King! You never have to do homework.

#2 parent - This parent is always tired when she comes home. You are expected to do dishes and clean up after yourself. Bedtime is 8:30 and you must do your homework. This parent makes you brush your teeth and put away your own laundry. You are not allowed to leave your coat and shoes on the ground but must hang them up. You have chores like dishes and dusting. She doesn't believe in video games and the doesn't even have cable. You only get to watch a DVD after all of your chores and homework is done.
~

I am not stupid. I know they prefer him to me.
~
I am turning off comments for this post because I am not looking for a pat on the back and to hear that I am doing a good job. I know that I am not. I just needed to write.
< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket