Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Do you ever feel like your brain is fizzling out? Like an underworked muscle it just sits there and goes soft and gooey. I have been feeling that way for a long time and for a long time I have not been doing anything about it. I have to have an active brain so last week I did something about it. I joined a writer's group and this week I joined a book club. I wouldn't call myself a writer but I do write. I also love to read. I usually have 6- 8 books by my bedside. There two groups will force me to write one story a week and read at least one book a month. I know I am going to need much more stimulation so I will be buying at least one scientific magazine every month. (I already subscribe to National Geographic.)
I think of this as my brain going to the gym!

9 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

I'm just catching up here, congrats on two years of blogging, you are only a month behind me!

Yeah, I feel my brain getting mushy at times, I think it's middle aged mush. :)

4:35 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great ideas! Soon your brain will be sweatin'. ;o)

10:02 a.m.  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Good for you. Are you going to share your stories with us..

5:41 p.m.  
Blogger Colleen said...

I think it is wonderful for you to be stimulated like that. Keep up the good work.

2:19 p.m.  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Happy Valentines Day..

7:32 p.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for stopping by my site with kind word for my dog. You seem to be feeling better these days, finally starting to shake off the winter blaghs? I admire you for getting involved in the reading and writting clubs. It is so easy to be lazy. Way to go.

11:24 p.m.  
Blogger Bella said...

That's a perfect way to think about it - You're brain going to the gym.

Reading is great and relaxing and stimulating.

I hope it helps.

12:19 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

I absolutely adore National Geographic. It is one of my favorite Magazines. Which book club did you join? Is it online?
Do they read good books?

7:09 p.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

I was starting to get worried about you. I'm glad your getting involved in things. It always helps to be active. Mentally and physically.

8:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket