Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, March 03, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Margaret said..."he was so *not* *in love* with me.
Has anyone else been a victim of this circumstance? I have! It is a terrible feeling to feel love and not have it returned. The ex-boyfriend I spoke of in the last post is a great example. At the time I thought I was in love with him. Now I look back and wonder where my head (or heart?) was! I was crazy about him at the time. He treated me like no man had ever treated me before. He wined and dined me. He took me to the theatre and made me dinners. He took me to expensive resorts and treated me like a queen. I felt love. Or was it?
In the end he broke up with me because he and his ex-girlfriend decided that they were still in love. (They moved in together and eventually married.) I was devastated. I cried for about a month. I could not stop thinking about him and wondered how I could go on without him.
Now, over 3 years later I know it was not love I felt. I was infatuated! I admit, even now, that I cared for him greatly and still do. I hope that he is blissfully happy. But it wasn't love. But at the time I thought it was and I knew he did not feel it for me. I also knew there was nothing I could do to change his feelings. What could I do but wait it out and just enjoy the ride?
I am glad it ended when and the way it did for I am a stronger and (I hope) a more wise woman.
So tell me. Have you ever been in love and the feelings not reciprocated?

4 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Oh I have experienced this and no it isnt pretty. I too cried for about a month and then I realized that life goes on and we have to deal with what comes our way. I have hoped and prayed everyday that I find that one person who will complete me and make me feel like a woman.

3:51 a.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

Haven't we all at one time or another have had unrequited love? It hurts, it sucks, and yet we still dream that maybe some day. But then we find 'real love' and it is so much better because it is shared.

3:46 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, and it was horrible. I didn't like who I had become and vowed to never leave myself as vulnerable again.

I like your attitude about it.

9:22 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are my thoughts and experiences almost exactly, Barbara. The guy I was *in love* with got back together with his ex-girlfriend, and they got married. I found out from his mom, and I cried and cried.

Then I got over it. Especially since I know that no woman who has a heart escapes this life without having her heart broken at least once. :o)

2:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket