Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, May 12, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It never ceases to amaze me what my brain will think of when it is sleep deprived.
The last few weeks I have felt especially weary. I am dragging myself around and counting the hours until bed. It hasn't help matters that the hamster runs on his wheel all night long. I think last night must have been the final straw for my subconscious hamster hating brain because the only way I could think to keep him quiet was to put him in the Crock Pot.
I was awakened around 2:00 and stumbled out into the living room. I told him to shut the hell up but he just kept running. (I think he said, "Do you want a piece of me?") I opened the cage as he ran to hide in the tunnel but I poked him out and stared at him but didn't know what to do. Where could I put this nocturnal athlete? All I wanted was a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. I took him with me and began the search. There it was in front of me on the counter. The Crock Pot! Surely he would be quiet in there. I removed the stoneware liner and lid and took it to the living room. He would be quite safe and above all QUIET until morning.
I don't really remember what happened next. I must have come to my senses because this morning the hamster was sleeping safely in an old cage sans wheel. The Crock Pot was sitting beside the cage.

6 Comments:

Blogger Library Mama said...

I bet low heat would have helped him sleep very soundly - like a little electric blanket.

Just kidding - really!

Thanks for visiting over my way.

10:26 p.m.  
Blogger Me said...

I think someone felt sorry for the trapped hamster, put him back in his home and did the more intelligent "wheel removal". But then again I'm sure they aren't sleep deprived?

LOL...

6:03 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Mmmmm.... slow-simmered hamster stew....

12:35 a.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

LOL, don't you love the inexplicable?

7:24 a.m.  
Blogger Phyllis said...

HOLY CROCKPOT, Barbara!!!
I thought you were going to say you put him in there and put the lid on and someone came by and plugged it in!!!!

9:42 p.m.  
Blogger jen said...

Hope you are getting some sleep!
I knew there was a reason I don't have a crock pot anymore...

6:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket