Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am a daddy's girl. But I wasn't always. I was born into a home by a man that didn't know how to be a dad. I have since made amends with my father and I love him dearly. But my dad? Who is he? My mom had been a single mom and met my (step) dad when I was 7. I have adored this man from the beginning. He took on a role that didn't belong to him. He stepped in and became my daddy. He has taught me more about life than anyone. From changing the brakes in my car to making the perfect spaghetti sauce. He has been my shoulder to cry on and a listening ear. He is always there for me. Always. He has never judged me for my many, many messes I have got myself into. In fact, he helped me out of them. He has been there when I call him up at 7:00 a.m. because my car won't start and I need a ride to work. (And while I am at work he fixes my car.) He has been there late at night when I call him because I am crying and need someone to listen.
He took on a job that was not his own. He has never once made a statement declaring me any less than a flesh and blood daughter. He became a daddy to a little girl that so desperately needed one.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

7 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

That is what being a real Dad is all about.

5:21 a.m.  
Blogger Library Mama said...

"Almost any man can be a father, but it takes a truly good man to be a Daddy."

I remember reading that as a kid and not really getting it. But I think this is exactly what you're saying,isn't it?

I hope you get a chance to share today's blogpost with your (step)dad.

7:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the others. You are very lucky to have a Dad like him..

6:37 p.m.  
Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

He sounds like one of the best dads out there! He's a true dad!

7:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well not only was he a good father but a lucky man to have a daughter to give him the praise he deserves.

8:12 p.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

That's really sweet, Barbara.

2:40 a.m.  
Blogger Colleen said...

Amen I wish there were more men like that out there. Im glad your mom found someone so special for you and who made a difference in your life.

As to your question you left on my blog for Sarah at Anna's blog. Her computer went down and they have no internet and no money to fix the computer. She is well and the kids are well we speak on the phone every week.

2:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket