Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Regarding Corey. (That was his name.) It has been 20 years! We were just kids when we met. We both fell in love hard and fast. I just can't seem to work up the courage to contact him. I have tried telling men that I like them in the past and have been burned. The main thing that keeps me from contacting him is he lives on the mainland and I live on the Island. A relationship would never work anyway. Part of me wants to at least see him again but there are two possibilities. One, he is not interested and I would feel devastated. Two, he is interested and it can't work because of location. Either way it is going to feel terrible.
I guess I am just safe with keeping this very intense and emotional memory. But I will think about what you all have said. Maybe.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes memories are better than the real thing.
But then you never know unless you try.
I guess it's a draw. Either way you kind of win..

8:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hon. I know right where you're at, I am currently there myself. I think I feel safer just keeping the memories in my head and leaving it at that (for now, anyway). It's a struggle though, huh? I'll be thinking of you.

4:11 p.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

You never know if you dont try, but that means chancing heartache. I guess you have to decide if you could handle the worst possible scenario with the chance that the best could happen instead.

4:17 p.m.  
Blogger LJ said...

Self preservation. Fair enough. Protect your heart cuz it's obvious it's been hurt way too many times.

5:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I have a strong feeling such as you do, I go for it. I figure why wonder when you can find out.

2:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket