Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, June 19, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You all know I lead the most boring life around. Like watching grass grow. Like sitting in line at the drop-in clinic during flu season. Boring!
However, as boring as my life in three things of note happened today.
  • I got called into work on my day off because some epidemic hit my workplace and there was nobody to fill in. Working on a day off. Not fun.
  • My daughter has been having trouble seeing the board at school so I made an eye appointment for her. I figured since I was taking her I might as well get my son's eyes tested too. Turns out they both need glasses and my son should have had them a while back. Can you say "neglectful parent"? Can you also say $$$?
  • My son managed to talk me into allowing him to keep 2 tree frogs he found at school. How is it two tree frogs that you can find outside for free can end up costing more than $20.00 for a new aquarium and crickets?

That is all! (I may now go back to my normally scheduled boring life.)

10 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I love your frog graphic! Yowza... two pairs of glasses. $$$ indeed! Hopefully your kids will be as excited to get glasses as I was when I was in fourth grade. And I'm not being sarcastic... I really loved getting glasses!

12:21 a.m.  
Blogger Library Mama said...

Any mom who lets her son keep two frogs is anything but neglectful! You are a better woman than I.

Sorry about being called into work on your day off. Do you get paid overtime at least?

Good luck with the glasses. Maybe you could get a "two for one" deal. That would cut down on the cost substantially. We get those here quite often.

6:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love how much "free" costs?!?!?

5:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your kids will wear the glasses after they get them..
The frogs are cool. And worth the $20 in expenses.
Have you caught any flies for them yet,tee,hee..

8:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great frog pic!
Well, at least you and your son came to terms on him keeping them. My son asked if he could keep a small collection of roly poly bugs and after I told him no, I found them a week later all dried up and dead in his sock drawer! ;)

Keep kicking!
Chana
www.bunnyburrow.com

6:44 a.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Barbara! Your life is so not boring, silly girl. Life's all about those mundane things. Those everyday things.

And the kids will look so cute with glasses.

11:29 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

That frog is so adorable. Sierra found a tree frog at her school to, but when she couldn't find enough bugs to feed him I made her set the dude free. Eyes are a good thing to have checked. If you were a neglectful parent you would not have made an appointment for either of your kids. It shows wisdom that you had your sons vision checked too.
Sorry that you got called in on your day off that rather sucks. But it does mean more money to payfor those glasses!!!

2:09 p.m.  
Blogger LK said...

Hi there, my two cents worth is that you don't sound neglectful but rather kind of cool. And why would you know your son needed glasses unless he said something. Enjoy the froggies.

2:37 p.m.  
Blogger LJ said...

My life is way more boring than yours! Let's have a who's life is more boring contest.
Yikes on 2 pairs of glasses. I bet they'll be so cute.
Pet frogs?

10:59 a.m.  
Blogger Phyllis said...

HAHAHAHA Well I guess my cats are rather cheap!!

5:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket