Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, August 21, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I think it may be just me but I am sick of summer! It is too damn hot! You can't go outside because you either dehydrate or get sun burnt even with an SPF 30. I am looking forward to Fall. I love the cool crisp evenings. I love the rain (I do!) I love sweater weather. I love the leaves changing and coming home to a tasty stew waiting for us in the Crock Pot.
I went to the eye doctor today and my eyes are worse. I have a really strong astigmatism and need new glasses. If you are wondering what it is like to look on the world with an astigmatism it looks like
this.
In other news, I think he may be trying to escape into the outside. All he does now is sleep, eat one piece of kibble at a time and try to get out open doors and windows. I have taken up using a spray bottle because I am too damn hot too chase after him!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have astigmatism and myopia...I'm legally blind without my contacts (can't stand glasses). One eye is -8.25 and the other -5.5. I'm so blind that my eye exams are covered! Yay me!

11:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I lost the A/C it was during that bad heat wave that hit Los Angeles. In my room alone it was getting near 115F+ with all of the computers and such. I tried everything to keep cool, including camping out in the dark living room. The only one who did have it easy was Mystic. I put 2 large bags of ice in a very dark closet and a small fan in there as well. It was nice and chilly for him and he absolutely loved it. Now and then he'd pop out, say hi, grab some food and affection, maybe grab a different toy and then skedaddle back inside.

All I could do for myself was buy 10 of those reusable ice packs and make myself a little pillow out of 5 of them, and just keep switching them out.

Personally, I don't like "weather", I don't like rain, I dont like hot, I don't like cold, I don't like "seasons", and that pretty much makes me a typical California guy. I'm used to 80's and 90's in the summer and 60s and 70s in the winter and not a whole lot of variety. Being a weatherman here pretty much entails looking outside and going yep, same as yesterday, same as the day before, and probably gonna be the same tommorow. And ya know what? I like it!

12:46 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love Fall. There is no better time and you described it well with the crisp air and the changing leaves. Sigh.

3:12 a.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

I'm a summer lover. It seems like we have a 10 month fall and a 2 month summer, so I long for the sun shine. Living in Vancouver, I get my fill of the rain.

10:20 a.m.  
Blogger Library Mama said...

I'm sorry you're tired of summer.

I guess it's the teacher in me, but I never tire of summer.

I was just observing last night how the days are so noticeably shorter now. I hate that.

7:13 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

What a gorgous cat!!!
I have astigmatism too. I desribed it to my eye doctor when I was 13 like I was seeing everything in Chinese. WTF I meant by that I am not sure even to this day. And because I always forget to wear my glasses and have always to squint I have a deep wrinkle in my forhead right between my eyebrows!!!

8:35 p.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

I would love to wake up and be able to see the cracks in my ceiling!

10:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why the heck did my "blindness" comment show up here?

9:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket