Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Image hosted by
My results have come in for my heart rate monitor testing. The specialist has reviewed the results. I called the specialist today and was told that the results could not be given over the phone. I expected and appreciate that. What I don't understand is why for the love of all that is good and true is it is going to take 6 days for the results to get to my doctor? It is across the street! There is even a button to press to ensure you make it safely to the other side. OK, I can also appreciate that they can't just be carried across the street all willy-nilly harum scarum. This is valuable and confidential information. God forbid a big wind come up and they blow away. I understand that a courier company has to pick up this important paperwork. But why, why, why is it going to take 6 days? Is it just me or is something not quite right here?
(There is a copyright on that nifty artwork of the intersection that I laboured over so don't get any funny ideas!)


Blogger scrtsnshyn said...

Hi Barbara, I am just joining the blogging community, but I have been through something similar. When I was pregnant with my second child, I had serious heart palpitations. I had to wear the heart monitor thing, and I also had an EKG. Although they did determine the heart palpitations were real, they could not give me a reason why or if it would continue. Fortunately for me, it seemed to have been pregnancy related, but that means it could have been hormonal or stress related as well. Please keep us posted.

12:06 a.m.  
Anonymous happy and blue 2 said...

I expect the results will be good. For you, not for the medical community, tee,hee..
Perhaps you could offer to hire a team of marines to walk your information across the street for them, ha,ha..

7:42 a.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

I just think that if it were anything too serious they wouldn't allow for the six days, they would want to see you immediately. Right??? I will continue thinking about you and hope the appointment goes well. Thanks for keeping us updated too!

8:05 a.m.  
Blogger oopseedaisee said...

Sorry you have to wait so long. I am certain if there were anything requiring urgent attention , they would expediate that. Take it easy and you focus on getting your strength back. We will still be here.

12:34 p.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

How frusterating. You want to go get it and bring it to your doc yourself. Life is so full of red tape, eh? Let us know what the heck is going on when you do find out. Take it easy.

4:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Mike said...

Sigh... I would kill for a six day wait! I just had an MRI and xray done on my neck and it took 3 weeks to get the appt, and now they're telling me sept 8th is when I'm going to get the results back! Mind you, this is even in the same building, within throwing distance. Well at least its about as far as I can throw the doctor if I tried :)

Ok I admit it, I'm not a very good patient.

Hopefully they'll be able to tell you whats going on and answer all of your questions shortly, and please keep the artwork coming! Love the pic of the intersection!

5:08 p.m.  
Blogger Library Mama said...

I'm with Catherine.

If it was something to be really worried about, they would have you in right away.

Good luck!

8:22 a.m.  
Anonymous lujza said...

They just wanna see if your heart can take it! It's ridiculous this medical system of ours.....

*best wishes*

10:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by
Image hosting by Photobucket