Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My toilet stared leaking a few days ago and since I can't afford a plumber, (I wouldn't get one if I could, I am way too independent!) I decided to do it myself. Thankful for the trusty internet I got online and found the problem. It appeared to be a simple repair. I bought the part which I will refer to as the pipe thingy. (I have no idea what it is called.) I got home and set to work but the area between the vanity and the toilet is about 15 centimeters wide and I am a lot more wide than that! Anyway, I wedged myself in and did the repair and managed to wedge myself back out. So far it has held and no longer leaking. All I have to do now is pray!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on fixing it yourself! I recently had to break down and get a plumber after my father decided to shove a meat thermometer into the garbage disposal. After a week of fussing and trying to get it apart, I broke down and got a plumber. The very next day the a/c went and I ended up spending 200 on that too!

And just a little bit of trivia, the patron saint of Plumbing/Plumbers is Saint Vincent Ferrer... just in case there are any catholics out there who wanna lend a prayer or two your way!

3:35 p.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

Way to go! Little miss do it yourselfer! Im certain it will hold. If it aint leaking by now it must be fixed good.

4:25 p.m.  
Blogger jen said...

WOW. I am impressed. Can you come over? We have had a toilet in the "2nd" bath that has never worked. Every couple months I turn it on just to circulate the water...:)

6:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying is good..... ;D

11:20 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
You are a much braver soul than me!
I would be forever afraid to flush! lol
Chana
www.bunnyburrow.com

5:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket