Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThose who know me would probably use the words klutz and scatterbrained. I am! And I am ok in my klutzdom.
In the afternoon I work on filling out forms for the DVA. It is an easy job but tedious and exact and though I am all the descriptive words above, I do this job well.
I keep a sort of an assembly line going where I separate the forms then add the pertinent ones for signature, staple them then toss the binder clip into a small bin for the next time around. While sitting in my (borrowed) office (I am not good enough yet to have my own) I took a binder clip and accidentally threw it into my water. I stealthily looked out the door to see if anyone noticed and fished it out. Did I drink the water afterwards? What do you think?
~
In other work related news I presented an idea last week to the owner and the general manager. They were fully supportive and will even pay for me to take courses to get certified in the field. I am so excited! I am used to jobs where I am treated poorly and feel like they don't want me around. This job is different. They always listen to my ideas and 99% of the time I get to implement them. They even let me use the laminator! Since I am they only employee other than the owner that has been given free reign to use it I think I shall keep this job. I am the Laminator! It is like the Terminator only I don't get to kill anyone or have a really cool outfit or have a gun or...Ok it isn't at all like the Terminator but I do get to laminate things and the corners of the sheets do get really sharp but I always cut them off so nobody will hurt herself. (sigh)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any job where you can use a laminator is a keeper, tee,hee..

11:47 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The top left corner is to be considered Less-than-lethal and has been approved by Local Law Enforcement for situations where deadly force is not required.

By the way, are you just going to tease us with what your great idea is or do we get to be in on the little secret??? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

6:28 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

Oh glad you like your job, even if it's nothing like the Terminator!!

And I am so glad about your test results.

*hugs*

10:03 a.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

Keep up the good work Arnold, oops I mean Barb!

8:39 p.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

Sounds exciting! It's so great to go to a job where you feel valued and respected. If you have to go there every day, you may as well enjoy it. Good for you.
And you never know. Some day you might even get to use the coppier and the fax machine! lol

11:39 a.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

What all can be laminated. If I cut off a bastards private johnson could you laminate it if I sent it to you?? OH lol I feel better just thinking about that!! TY!!

8:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket