Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, September 15, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The feeling of being small (3 or 4) and watching The Friendly Giant and Mr. Dressup. Of course it was always followed by Sesame Street.

If you have the time take, a walk down a part of a Canadian child's morning (10:15 - 12:00) in the 70's and 80's.

The Friendly Giant
Mr. Dressup
Sesame Street with The Alligator King, The Ladybug Picnic, and Number 9 Cutie were my favourites.

It was followed by a lunch made by my mom. (Campbell's Tomato Soup and a Grilled Cheese Sandwich.) Then the worst part of a preschoolers life. A Nap.
Tell me about your Canadian memories.

(Thank you to my Canadian friend Hillary for the link!)

3 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

oh that takes me back! I loved the freindly giant and mr dresssup was fun too. I remember getting ready for school to Gary Gnu from Captain Kangaroo. Oh and let's not forget the Polka Dot Door. There was another one I dodn't remember the name to but there was Freddy Frog, and Henrietta Hippo.
and that is my favorite lunch you just described!!

7:16 a.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

I LOVE this post! Mr Dressup was my fave! And I love that link. Those clips from sesame street, I remember so well! It's no wonder that show has lasted so many years. It's so great! Aaahh to be a kid again....

11:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked Sesame Street. And street hockey.
And we didn't eat lunch. For some unknown reason..

7:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket