Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, September 11, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I cleaned out my very messy closet today. It was my day off and I set my 'to do' list with only one thing. To clean out my closet. I found all manner of clothing in there! The most interesting was underwear from my th*ng underwear phase. I can tell you right out that I did not find it comfortable as the th*ng wearing population attests too. I did keep a cute red pair with matching br@ just in case I ever meet someone, fall in love and feel like sharing that part of me again. *sigh* Lately I don't think that will ever happen. A girl has to have hope I suppose.
~
I have a secret. An embarrassing one. My son is bringing homework home that I don't know how to do. It isn't hard stuff either. It is just Grade 5 math. However, I have a learning disability in math and I am horrible at it. I compensate for this in language arts. In college I received 100 % in the entrance exam. But I digress. I suck at math. I had to tell his teacher today that I am not able to help him. I have called a tutor and have an assessment next week. My son's very nice teacher gave me a book that goes over everything that is needed to get through grade 5. I am glad he was nice about it because I was mortified.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I'm dreading the day Jake brings home math. I too suck at math. I had to take geometry THREE times in high school before I passed. Hate it!

11:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck I wouldn't worry about it. I know you what to help your son but we can't be good at everything you know. If I ever clean out my closet at least I won't be finding any butt floss in there. You have a wonderful week now ya hear.

3:29 a.m.  
Blogger PBS said...

I think that happens to every parent in one subject at least!

4:31 a.m.  
Blogger LJ said...

Hooray for cleaning out your closet!! AND Hooray for keeping a matching bra and panty set, for you! Not for anyone else but for you! And put it on maybe once in a while to feel sexy again. It's not about whether you will fall in love, fall in love with yourself. To hell with the men. Love your body and dress it well!!

Here's a big hug for the math part. If it's any consolation, I suck at math too!! (Did you know that sewing involves a LOT of math??! Especially quilting, and yet it's one of my favorite things to do, go figure!)
Guess who's coming to live with you?

9:34 a.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

My daughter is in grade 11 now, and she's s.o.l. if she needs help with her homework. last year she started doing trigonomitry. Sorry, kid. You're on your own!

3:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my son was in grade six, I went to night school for math basics. I also wasnt able to remember how to do simple fractions etc. I can never recall numbers. I dont know if I have put up a mental block or maybe have some sort of math learning disability! I found that I did much better at it as an adult than when I was in school. Maybe its because I wanted to learn it so bad this time. Dont be embarrassed! Most of the math you learn after basic times tables, we never ever use again anyways!

11:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not help my kids either when they brought it home...and my youngest is 35!!! So do not feel bad! I was better at language skills too!

By the way, cay-yi-ing is an old word from the old time westerns! My parents always said it too.

Mary Lou

1:15 a.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

I lOVE organizing! It feels so good when everything is so nice and neat. Now, if only it would stay that way it would feel even better. As for the math, I'm just a few years behind you, I will need to go right to the tutor solutions because math is my major weakness. Just be proud that you are such an involved mom, I'm finding out (to my amazement)just how many parents don't give a care about schoolwork!

5:15 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be proud of yourself for sharing this post with us....you don't need to be good at everything in order to be loved. And we....love ya!

11:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket