Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I know, I know. I post far too many pictures of my cat but this one is just a part of what can happen when you buy a dollhouse for your daughter and try to put it together yourself.
The box should have a warning like you see on the side of medications.


"The assembly of this dollhouse may cause fits of rage, hair loss, eye twitches, blurting out of obscenities, uncontrollable shaking, panic, blurred vision, vertigo, rapid heart beat, nausea, headache and extreme fatigue. If any of these symptoms don't subside do not smash the house into pieces. Seek medical attention. The manufacturers of this dollhouse accept no responsibility for your actions and accept no liability when you take a hammer to it."

I kid you not. This thing came with about 12,000 pieces. After about 3 hours I gave up and had a nap and slept for a solid 2 hours. I came back refreshed and it took about another 2. The kids and the cat (thinking it was being built for him) did not help. When I finally finished we had to go to buy 6 aaa batteries, not included of course to make the doorbell and lights work. There were a few leftover pieces but I just pushed them under the couch.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haaaaa, it's a conspiracy, Barb, I just know it!

Heyyy Barbara? I'd like to place this blog in my menage a blogs section in my sidebar.

Just say "YES," k? I love your humour and delighful insights..

MaryAnn

11:30 p.m.  
Blogger BarbaraMG said...

MaryAnn - Of course you may! I would be honoured and thank you! You are already added to mine :)

12:12 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad you didn't have any trouble putting that thing together. By the way, never too many pictures of your critters I say.

3:00 a.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

I think our kids are in cahoots with tou manufacturers, how many ways can they drive parents right up a wall?

I am so glad all my kids are pass the age of toys.

6:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't ya just love the assembly required stuff? ;)
chana
www.bunnyburrow.com

9:46 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

Oh my goodness you crack me up! Lmao!!!
That would be me! I think I would have grabbed a damn hammer though! Kudos to you for gettin er done:)

7:55 a.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

You're singin to the choir, my friend.
Oh, and don't worry, eventually those extra parts would have ended up in the vaccuum, anyway.

2:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should have just given your daughter the box to play in. it is more fun anyway. ever since we got our dog and had to paper train here (she was 5 wks old and it was winter), whenever she sees paper she has to lay on it even if it is my daughters homework because we always told her ( the dog not the daughter) to be a good girl and "go on the paper"!! one time she "went" on my christmas paper that i had layed out to wrap presents. lmao!!

7:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket