Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, September 18, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I think my life has come down to thinking about posts to write in my blog. Seriously. It is a sad state of affairs.

This moring while reading blogs I felt a presence that was not human. I was being watched. Sure enough I was. Norbert was staring at me. I looked over and he didn't blink. He just started. Weird cat.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today I went to a place downtown that promotes literacy. It is in a rather seedy part of town and you have to ring a bell to get in. When the nice lady answered I felt like I was being let into a Speakeasy. Anyway, I digress. This place is the cornocopia of used books. They are not crappy books either! My eyes glazed over and I lost control as I loaded my arms with books. I left paying $25.00 for about 10 books.


Is it just me or does anyone else think these are adorable? Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I found these dear kitties and liked them so much I bought 4 sets. If anyone likes them e-mail me and let me know and I will send them to you (free!) I have to know you through blogging and you have to be Canadian (too expensive to send across the border). I was actaully going to ask Ellen & Curtis or Leslie but I didn't want you thinking I was a freak. I have 3 sets. First 3 people get them. (Note- Dust (cough) on phone not included.)

9 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Norbert is adorable. He is practically giving a kitty kiss in this picture.
I love the Pot cats! And wow, 10 books for $25. thats a steal. I love your description of the bookshops seediness! LOL

9:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute kitties! I love books, too much. I got rid of eight boxes when I moved into the apartment. Now that I'm in a house I wish I'd kept them.

5:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Number 3!! :D

6:09 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes I'll have a thought during the day and I'll want to write it down so I can remember to blog about it later. I have to start carrying a note pad around with me.

9:18 a.m.  
Blogger Phyllis said...

I'm sure Leslie & Ellen would love them! Special K is allergic to cats so not her!

6:52 p.m.  
Blogger Monkey said...

I don't want them - but I'll take that cat in the first picture!? Plllleease!?!? I'll pay for shipping & handling!

10:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$25 for 10 books is a screamin' deal! I've got a great little used bookstore near my office that I love to poke through at lunch.

The cats really are adorable 'cept I have a house full of critters already (gee, go figure, huh?)

Happy Hump Day!

8:31 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kitten lover!
marry me.

6:39 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

Okay can I have Norbert then!?! Since I am not canadian and want the adorable statues!!!
THose are so cute!
We have a great place to get used books in Washington too. I can't wait to get back there and browse around on BOTH floors. The lady who runs the place even has couches set up everywhere so people can grab a book and read! Its a lovely place. Someday I would love to have a bookstore like that. SO which books did you buy?!!!

9:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket