Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


One of the many things I've learned in Al Anon was to never make a decision when I am feeling

Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired.

Tonight I am feeling 3 out of the 4 but I all it will take is for a telemarketer to call and I will be 4 for 4. When I feel this way I HALT!

I have never learned to deal well with some areas of life but I am glad I can at least recognize what I am feeling. For years I pushed emotions and feelings aside because I thought I wasn't entitled to feel a certain way. How silly is that thinking?

Tonight I am doing some self-care. I had a hot bath and I am going to be early with a snack. I am going to read until I fall asleep.

Do you do self care?

6 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

I'm glad you can now identify your feelings and feel them, because afterall they do belong to you!! When I was with my ex my feelings meant jack shit. It took me a long time to realize that my feelings mean a lot to me and I needed to feel them.
As for self care, I don't do as often as I should. I'm on day two without a shower and I hoep to get one before Aaron gets home in a couple hours from school. Sometimes I just don't care because there's no one else to care either what I look like. Rest assured I do bathe often, just from time to time it's not a priority for me. So what if I stink? It's only Aaron smelling me and he's not saying much about it. lol

7:43 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did self care when I was little but my Mom said I would go blind if I didn't stop..

8:08 a.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

Ha ha! I love the comment by happy and blue 2. What a ripper! By that logic, you should do self care every day. Keeps those stress levels down;)

10:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he he...."self care"....well I might try it out when I...retire?

No seriously, it's extremely important to take time out for yourself! I'm told this over and over again, do I listen? Another topic for discussion. But we really do HAVE to take time out for ourselves....even just for our sanity.

10:49 p.m.  
Blogger Jill said...

It is so much easier to self care when I'm not working. Otherwise, I have a million things on a list to do and I consistently prioritize those items. Especially work projects. I'm still not 100% on top of my health but I've improved. Glad to hear you're taking care of yourself! I cannot imagine juggling all that you are every single day. Single moms are heros to me.

6:58 p.m.  
Blogger PBS said...

Thanks for the great reminder! I try to do self care, like take a long walk or journal but often forget about HALT!

5:53 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket