Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This morning really felt like Fall. It was cold out. The wind from the north had a bite to it and I was thankful for a hot drink at work.

Mornings are always a fun time where I work as are lunch breaks. This afternoon we were all laughing so hard that I thought one guy was going to choke. I am glad to say that I don't hate my job. I kinda like it. I like my coworkers that know they can get a rise out of me by telling me off-colour jokes. I like the wonderful mother figures I work with that listen to me and tell me that I am doing a good job. I like that someone makes coffee around 3:30 and lets me know that 'fresh coffee is on' even though I rarely drink it. I like that the manager buys me post-its that represent the seasons. (hearts, trees) I like that the bosses listen to my ideas. I like even more that they let me be creative and I don't have to ask permission to make changes. I like the girl in accounting that swears and is rough around the edges. I like the guy in receiving that laughs at my jokes. I like the elevator guy who always has a joke to tell.

I know. It is just a job. But I spend more time with these people than my own family. I need to like what I am doing and who I am with. I am thankful. I am thankful.


What are you thankful for?
(The picture up there is off the web. That is yours truly on the right. I have blocked out the name of the company in case any psycho's want to attack me in the parking lot after work!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

With so many people in this world that hate their job, I too am happy that I have such a great place to call my home away from home. Yea, sometimes I can get uptight and get all pissy, but in the end I am treated very good, I have learned a lot and it is a rare occasion that I dread going in. I'm thrilled that you too have such a good workplace. It sounds like there are so many great people that you work with.

5:35 a.m.  
Blogger LJ said...

Well you have to love your job! Or you woudln't want to wake up every morning and go to it. I'm happy you like your job, that makes it all the more easier for you!!

1:17 p.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

I hear ya sister! I like my job, goo, and my clients. I'm very thankful that I enjoy it, since I have to spend my days there. I'm also thankful that my salon is in my parents' house. Very convenient, and I can visit with my parents any time I want.(some days Im more thankful for that than others.)

5:36 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see someone liking their job. It's nice to have a boss that does the little things that mean so much and co-workers you can laugh and joke with. Better than some job where you come home from and kick out the wife and bring in the cat and your blood pressure is up 80 points.

1:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket