Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, September 29, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This morning while in my car I was sitting at a light waiting to go through an intersection. The light changed and the lady beside me in the lane to turn left decided to go straight and almost side-swiped me. I was so mad that I yelled out the open window, "What the f*** do you think you're doing?" First, let me say I don't make it a habit to use words like that. Second of all, I have never used words like that in front of my kids. But there they were. Sitting in the back seat with their mouths agape. I was absolutely shocked with myself! I was quiet for a moment and pondered whether or not they heard me. (They had to, the entire intersection probably heard me.) I then meekly apologized to their innocent ears. I told them that was a bad word and not one they should ever use. I then rethought and told them that sometimes we do say bad words when we get angry or frustrated but we should try to avoid such language. They didn't say much. I wonder if they told this tidbit for Show and Tell?

7 Comments:

Blogger Library Mama said...

We've all done it at least once. It was probably good for them to see that their mom is human.

I know what you mean, though - it's a very humbling experience when it happens. :-)

10:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good training begins in the home, girly, teehee!
I use that language more than I should but oh well, 'eh? Obviously, you reacted to a scary situation where you could have easily been injured.

The kids will probably have the fear of God from here on out from having had the experience. That could be a good thing!

11:13 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

I have done that too. Especially when some stupid driver scares the heck out of me like that.

4:47 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine the snickers and titters they did tell thier friends. lol too funny. really it is. my mouth goes agape too when my friend swears, she doesn't hardly ever swear. i on the other hand am the complete opposite. *sheepishly hiding face*
they won't be scarred by it don't worry. maybe you oughta do it more often, you just might feel a bit better! Have a swearing night ( or day) when the kids are not around of course and curse till the cows come home!! Then down it with a stiff drink! ahhhh...
how old are them sweeties?

5:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just tell my kids I have tourettes and I can swear whenever I want..

8:00 a.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

When my daughter was about 2, still in her car seat, we were in traffic and she blurts out,
"Moooove, ya f*** idiot!" My mom and I were biting the sides of our cheeks to keep from laughing. Then when I told Alicia that that wasn't a very nice way to talk, she looked up at me with her big eyes and chubby cheeks and replied, "but they weren't moving." Which, in her defence, they weren't. Anyway, I had to be more carful after that about having a potty mouth.

3:37 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you have your period? ha ha

7:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket