Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

First, I want to say thank you to everyone for your comments on my last post. I love you all, my blogging friends. Your words have encouraged to tell you a little about my story and recovery. Will be writing more over the few weeks.



Over here I have been sick like dog. I have been in bed for 4 days! Here is the sucky part. I took 2 days off at the end of the long weekend to make a total of 5 days. I haven't take time off since I started there 2 1/2 years ago. WHAT? Why do I get sick when I finally do take time off? I want to cry because I really needed this time off to figure some things out. All I can do is attribute it to being totally stressed at my job and my body crashed. Anyway, I am back tomorrow and I am nowhere closer to making decisions. I am very frustrated and trying to look at the blessing in this.


In other news... (This is good news!)
We got a new cat!
I have been wanting one for months and had gone to the SPCA several times but nothing clicked. We finally found our kitty on Friday. She is an older girl of 8. She is an itty bitty thing that loves to cuddle and be petted and she comes when she called. It took a few days to name her but we finally decided on Isabelle. Norbert (the evil cat at the top of my blog) likes her but she doesn't want anything to do with him. There has been no fights yet but a lot of hissing and growling. I am sure they are going to be best friends. Here are some pictures from her 7 month stay at the SPCA. (Nobody wants an older cat apparently.) We all adore her and she adores us. Isn't she lovely?



12 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

Oh, it's a tortoiseshell cat like mine, she is beautiful.

She looks a whole lot like the cat I had who I lost a couple years ago.

5:51 a.m.  
Blogger LJ said...

she's a beauty!!
hope you are feeling well soon!!
love ya lots!!

6:51 a.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

Awwww, a new family member to love!
I hope you feel better!

9:02 a.m.  
Blogger Chameleon said...

What a gorgeous cat!
I just had to reply to this post! We adopted a kitten from the RSPCA a few weeks ago! We called him Mr.Kitty Fantastco (don'r ask!) and he has made a fantastic addition to the family. Even our dog loves him!!!

Cheers :0)

9:58 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool cat. I would prefer an older cat, or dog. They are trained and don't wreck as much stuff..

10:44 a.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

she looks just like my sweetie, A cat I had a long time ago, she was also very loving and cuddly. I hope you will enjoy her for years to come! Norbert is evil like Buddah (cat) was evil. Sneaky male gender anyway! I am glad you arent' feeling so sick anymore. Sorry you didn't really get much of a vacation.....

1:38 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aww congrast on the new cats!
Isabelle is an adorable name!

Personally, I've always been scared of cats... but most animals scare me. aha. =(

2:23 p.m.  
Blogger Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

she is beautiful! and norbert seems quite the handsome devil! (i've got a gaggle of cats that drive my husband crazy!)

7:37 p.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

You have a knack for picking out edgy-looking cats!

She's adorable!

11:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cat! Isabelle's a great addition. Sorry to hear that you got sick on your day(s) off, that really bites! Hope you feel better by now.

4:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is lovely! There's nothing quite like adding a furry new member to the family. :)

Ari (Baking and Books)

1:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isabelle is a lucky girl (I love that you adopted an older one). I hope she'll go a long way to helping her new mama feel good.

Hang in there and take good care of yourself. When one's body crashes, you know it's definitely time to listen.

10:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket