Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Have you ever sent and e mail to someone in error? I have. I have sent people e mail telling them news that was not related to them in the least. Have you ever received and e mail that wasn't supposed to be for you? I have. One was an invite to a 25th Grad Reunion. The ones I have sent and received were no big deal. I just e mailed the sender/receiver and set things right.

Until today. I received an e mail that was not meant for me to see. It was from a long time friend of my mom's. I have known this lady my whole life. This woman and her husband separated a few years back and she has had a few boyfriends. That is where this e mail comes in. The e mail was to her boyfriend and about...pl//$ur'ng herself with a shower head because the batteries were low in her v//brt0r. I was horrified! The entire e mail was one short paragraph. Don't get me wrong. We are all se+uaI beings and I know we all do it! I just didn't expect to know the details of my mom's friend doing that. I don't think she has realized her mistake yet.

I deleted the e mail but I feel very weird about the whole thing.

How would you deal with something like this?

(Please excuse the weirdly typed words. This is the way to keep weirdos away!)

11 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

OMG!!! A lesson we should all live by...don't send emails that you wouldn't like the whole world to see. I've done it once before, sent an email to the wrong person(not the 'had fun with a shower head' part), I learned a big lesson and when I realized I could have lost a friend over something so stupid I changed my ways.

5:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should write a blog post about it..Oh, wait you already did.

I would copy the email and pass it around to her friends. I'm sure they would find it amusing. And if you can't make people happy what good is life, ha,ha..

7:46 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my assvice:ignore it! it's like you go to a party and the drunken girl starts taking her clothes off. the next day she sorta remembers but we dont make her feel bad by reminding the poor soul that she was nekkid in front of 25 other party goers. so even if it weirds you out, over time you'll forget it. like you said everyone does it! woops wrong email box. you could always send it back to her and say i'm sorry my email box does not accept spam.

9:45 a.m.  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

Oh WOW! How uncomfortable!

I think deleting it and just pretending nothing ever happend is the way to go. Good job.

11:25 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Ooooh! Juicy! I never get fun emails like that by mistake. Mine are always "Cake in the break room!" from offices in other states I've never heard of, or "Just a heads-up, the meetings been changed!"

I agree with the others. Delete and pretend it never happened.

But make googly-eyes at her and mime spraying her with a showerhead next time you see her in person.

12:54 p.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

LOL How awkward! That is so funny! You should send her an email back saying you like her alot, but you think you should just be friends.

1:37 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

You know I think I would not say anything about it ever. Unless the next time you see her she gives you that oh shit look. Then I would let her know it was deleted and she needn't be worried about it being passed around!

5:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!
Let it go, Barbara. Nothing good will come out of it anyway. Leave the weight of her actions on her shoulders. It's her lesson.

I think if I ever saw her face again, I'd blush and have uncontrollable giggles, but that's me.

5:23 p.m.  
Blogger Jill said...

Ditto from me. Never happened. She'd be horrified if you or anyone else ever brought it up. I think this is a great opportunity to Do the Right Thing.

10:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just one of those unfortunate things. You did right by deleting it so now just pretend you know nothing and let it go. We all make mistakes but none of us want anyone harping about them. Poor woman just doesn't need to know in my opinion. Mistake made....mistake forgotten.

12:12 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

You know, things could have been worse, thank goodness for technology. Ten to fifteen years ago, that would have been the heavily breathed phone call to the boyfriend that went to the wrong number, lol

1:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket