Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, October 20, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Murphy's Plumbing Law- When something has been done wrong to begin with.... anything done to try and correct it... will only serve to make matters worse.

Anyway...

Last night one of the cats scratched me and this afternoon I went to put some antibiotic cream on it. I swear Murphy follows me around. I took the cap off the tube and life went into slow motion...
The cap slipped from my fingers and fell to the sink, bounced and in that moment I hoped it would not go in. It bounced again and I knew it was not looking good. I made a grab for it and it rolled halfway around the sink and I just missed it as it went down the hole. Down, down, down. I got a knife from the kitchen and tried to scoop it out but only proceeded to force it down the hole. Did that stop me! Nooo! I tried again and forced it further down. With my mouth set in a determined line I once more tried to retrieve it. It disappeared.

~sigh~

I pulled out almost everything from under the sink and started twisting pipes. I got one loose but the other wouldn't budge. I got out my trusty toolbox and dug out the wrench and turned thinking "righty tighty, lefty loosey". I finally got it loose and water poured everywhere. Gross! Brown hairy water was everywhere! (Gag) And the cap. The reason for all this trouble. I soaked it in Hydrogen Peroxide and washed my hands. Then I covered the cat scratches with the antibiotic cream.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a drain that is running a little slow in the bathroom, could you possibly find the time to come over and repair it please. lol. Not funny I know but I did have to chuckle as I read this blog. Kinda brings back a memory or two but I ain't gonna tell on myself. Have a nice weekend. Next time the cat scrathes you...scratch him back.

10:30 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

I had a cap fall down my sink back home, I left it there for the landlord to deal with. LOL

5:41 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eventually that pipe had to be cleaned anyway. sorr it was so gross though. at least you got the job done! hooray super woman! cooks cleans and does plumbing!

7:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Well you are much braver than I, I wouldn't have had the courage to even go near the plumbing.

Ari (Baking and Books)

2:34 p.m.  
Blogger PBS said...

Well, you fixed the problem(s)!

9:15 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

haha eww that totally sucks. I have one of those blocky things, anything that can get past that, can damn well stay in the sink.

9:24 p.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

Good post. There's not a person alive that hasn't had Murphy tripping them up at every turn. The other day my hands were full and I wanted to get a fly off of the TV screen. Rather than put something down, I tried to save time by brushing it off with my foot. I ended up knocking over some tea lights and a plant. There I was, vaccuuming up potting soil at 10:00 at night. Gee that foot thing really saved alot of time.

10:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL..You are persistent.
Glad you rescued the cap. I would likely have pretended it didn't happen and thrown out the tube..

7:32 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stuff that gathers in our pipes is scarey!
Hope those scratches will be ok. Why did the cat scratch you in the first place.

11:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so clever, Barbara.

Imagine how this moment could have slipped right by you and you would never have even had a second thought about it...Snork!

:::walks away in cadence while whistling, "We shall over come!":::

5:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket