Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, November 13, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

An Open Post
I have been working on a project on Prince Edward Island with Boy -W for a better part of the day. I am now tired and achy and just want to go to bed. But Noooo. I signed myself up as Secretary for Girl-N's dancing group. Why did I do that? And why the hell does it start at 7:30? All of these people have kids and kids go to bed at 8:30. Sheesh. I am only staying an hour then leaving!
I have injured by shoulder and it damn well hurts. I have gone to the Osteopath but it still hurts.
Oh yes. I have a damn Pap tomorrow. Joy. I hate that. You feel all creepy and gross for the rest of the day.


Update - Maybe it is just me. Do you all ever feel like everyone else in the world is "getting it" but you are just walking around clueless? I have felt that way a good part of my life. I am not meaning to be sarcastic or silly here. I really feel that way a lot of the time. I went to this thing for my daughter's dancing and all the other mom's know about all the dances and competitions and technical stuff and I have no idea what anyone is talking about. I try to understand and keep up but everything just seems to fly past me.


And I feel stupid in those moments.


"People like me feel little and lost and ugly and dispensable... It's like every morning I wake up and I fail, and I look around and anybody, anybody can pull it off, but somehow I can't. And I know, I know I have everything, and I'm still miserable and it's pathetic. I know it's pathetic. No matter how hard I try, something about me will never be enough..."


Michelle Pheiffer as Rita Harrison in I am Sam

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your Monday is going well. Carry on, ha,ha..

6:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh come on Barbara....we all love having cold metal inserted....ummm, there!?! don't we???

kidding....good luck!

10:30 p.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh joy, tomorrow I get to see how "ripe" my cervix is. Women's exams are sooooo undignified. I'll be thinking about ya! Or.... maybe not...

12:01 a.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

Thank you for your prayers.

*hugs*

3:59 a.m.  
Blogger LJ said...

hoping everything went well...

10:57 a.m.  
Blogger PBS said...

I think everyone feels that way some of the time, I do anyway. Of course that isn't much consolation or help, is it? Hope all the unpleasant stuff is over and some good times have arrived!

5:08 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH I hate that test...

I feel clueless most of the time!

9:30 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops that comment above was from me.... Andrea

9:30 a.m.  
Blogger Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

i've eternally felt like everyone else 'gets it' and i never have and still don't ~ i can't figure out what the heck i keep missing!

6:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket