Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, November 17, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Some answers...finally. I have been back and forth to the doctor this week. I generally only go to the doctor when I feel sick but lately it seems as if I should have a standing appointment. My regular doctor decided to move to Australia so I was left to find a new doctor. If you live in BC you know this a near impossibility. Fortunately I lucked out and found a doctor that is taking new patients because she just came back from maternity leave. Anyway, long story short, She wanted to do some blood work and it turns out my thyroid isn't doing what it should. This would explain the incredible fatigue and other symptoms I was having. I just had my thyroid tested a few months ago and all was fine. My mom told me her thyroid just up and quit working when she was 36 so heredity plays a part. I will start medication tomorrow. Here is to feeling better!

6 Comments:

Blogger Library Mama said...

You will feel SO MUCH BETTER once those meds catch up with you. I'm also on thyroid meds - have been for over a dozen years. It may take a while to figure out what dosage you should have. I still visit my doctor every three months for testing, and my dosage needs still change once in awhile for no apparent reason.

Good luck with everything.

8:17 p.m.  
Blogger LJ said...

here! here! cheerio!!

I do hope you get to feeling better right quick!

12:46 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you found out what the problem was. Hope the meds help..

1:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news on scoring a doctor (no easy feat in Alberta either) and good news on being diagnosed so quickly. The medication should help tremendously.

9:16 a.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

(((hugs))) to you and I hope that you are feeling better. I agree with everyone - once those meds start working you are going to feel so much better!

6:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh, good luck! Hopefully this'll be just what you need!

10:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket