Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was in the grocery store the other day and I came across an ornament all by itself. It was simple and inexpensive. It was a chrome-plated word. It said HOPE. I bought it.



Last night I had a dream. In the dream I held the decoration and it came apart in my hands. It really sums up how my life has been the last two years. Hope. Broken.



Of course when I got up it was still in one piece. I have hung it near my computer and this little word is going to help me make some changes this year.

  • I am going to leave my job. They have been stringing me along for over a year now and I see now that they have no intentions of promoting a woman. I am not going to quit until I have other things well in place but I will be quitting.



  • I am going to stop closing doors on relationships. I have been asked out a lot but I always come up with an excuse as to why I should not be dating. I am just going to see where this leads.



10 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Sound like two great resolutions! Here is to a great 2007!

7:46 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There really is hope. I'm sure that 2007 will bring you happiness..

7:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love is a wonderful thing...Faith is really great...Joy is something we all look forward to...Hope is what brings all these together. Just remember there is always Hope. Happy New Year.

12:25 a.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

Let Hope burn bright in your heart!

Happy New Year!

4:30 a.m.  
Blogger LJ said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR FRIEND!!

I'm trying to pick up my jaw off the floor. You get asked out and you turn them down? Oh my freaking goodness!! I'd do anything for someone to ask me out. (A real person not the couple of internet dates I was on last year, they don't count, they never lead to anything and they suck!)
Just as you say you are going to go out more. I tell myself I need to stay in more. I'm just tired of hoping for someone. It's not happening. I am going to refocus things and stop putting so much emphasis on what's not there. (A relationship)

7:21 a.m.  
Blogger LJ said...

I HOPE everything turns out how you want it to this year!!

7:22 a.m.  
Blogger Jill said...

Hooray for you and the Hope in your heart. I'm so excited for you and wish you the very best this year!

9:11 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all need "hope".....follow its path....you may like where it leads you.

Blessings, prayers and all that is good....I'm passing onto you.

11:42 a.m.  
Blogger PBS said...

Good for you, it sounds like 2007 will have lots of possibilities for you. Happy New Year!

1:49 p.m.  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Happy New year!!
Sounds ike you have a great start!!
Keep that ornament and look at it every day!
Get on with your life. YIPEE!!

2:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket