Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, December 08, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This last year has been financially tight. Don't get me wrong. I keep my bills paid and food in the cupboard. I was beginning to stress because I have less than $75.00 in my bank account right now. I thought I had finished Christmas shopping but I hadn't. When I went through the presents I had been stashing throughout the year I realized I only had one present for my son and a few stocking stuffers! How could I have been so neglectful as to totally overlook my kids? I didn't know what to do. I have been feeling embarrassed. I talked to the kids two days ago and told them that I just want going to be able to do a lot this year for Christmas. It was humiliating.

This afternoon at work I found a strange looking package in my pigeon-hole. When I unwrapped it I found this.

I am not sure who put it there. Whoever is was wished to remain anonymous. The nice thing is I work with so many truly amazing people it could have been one of several.

I am grateful today for gifts from 'Santa' but moreover, being loved by coworkers.


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was really nice of whoever did it..People can be so cool..

7:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless and may you have a wonderful holiday!

8:05 p.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

It's so nice to hear about acts of kindness. It's sometimes easy to forget they exist. The Christmas season brings out the best in people.

I'm sure your kids wouldn't want you to feel humiliated. Sometimes we have a little more, sometimes a little less. I've definitely had Christmases when I've been stressed out about the $$$$$$$$$$

11:57 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been where you are, not being able to do what I wanted but somehow things just seem to work out don't they. God works in mysterious ways.

2:41 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Karma, bay-beeee! When you are a good person, good things happen! That's what I hear, anyway...

Enjoy the holiday!

2:48 a.m.  
Blogger LJ said...

big hugs to you, your kids and anonymous with such a generous heart! i was on the verge of tears when i saw this. happy tears at people's kindness. just one more reason to believe the world has not totally gone to shit.
When I left my ex 5 years ago someone gave me a 50$ gift certificate to a grocery store. It too was anonymous.

6:46 a.m.  
Blogger Jill said...

How cool was that? People can be so incredibly wonderful. Thank you for sharing this story!

7:40 a.m.  
Blogger Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

just when you think things are at their worst, something like this happens to keep you going emotionally and otherwise!

12:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket