Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, well, well. Just when you think you have done all the medically embarrassing things that can be done they throw another into the picture, Having two children was nothing really. I can't say I minded strange men looking at my private girl and make assumptions about her. "Oh yeah, that baby will fit through there!". My body is my NOT a garage and this sure isn't your sports cars and you had better find a way to get this baby out and GeT Me A DaMn EPidURal WhiLE YOu"re AT it Or I will RIp off YouR ArMS ofF! (at this point my head spins in continuous revolutions until an get epidural)

No this way nothing like that but It was the description of it. Because of this ongoing tachycardia I am going through several dozen tests. The one I am speaking about has a clinical name but I will call it "Pissing in a big orange jug for 24 hours". And get this, the doctor thought I could just do it while at work! Sure. Shared staff bathroom. Large Orange Jug between the toilet and wall. Or worse, leaving at the end of the day and carrying the thing out sloshing. There are just some things I will not do. And if you knew the men I work with! They would probably think it was a new urinal and use it! So I will be waiting for my day off and staying home that day. I am not carrying that Goliath anywhere. Worst case scenario. It is a little too heavy and I drop it. KeRRRRplloosh! Urine everywhere, There are some things you just can't explain away.

7 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

i've had to do this with Aaron once, collectr his urine for 24 hours. you can pee in clean styrofoam cups, it's easier and just pour it in. make sure to keep your pee in the fridge too so it stays ummm fresh and doesn't go nasty, not that it's nasty to begin with. ;) good luck!!

5:16 a.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

Judging by your previous post, maybe they deserve a little KeRRRRRpllosh at work!

8:31 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

As soon as I saw the photo of the brown jug, I knew exactly what you were going to talk about!

Because of my high blood pressure when I was pregnant, I had to do that test. I did it over the weekend, though, so I didn't have to worry about taking it to work.

Did they send you home with "the hat", the thing you put into the toilet to pee into? A lot easier than squatting over a jug. ;)

Good luck with your test results.

9:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewww! I had to do that with my kidney stones. NOT a pleasant experience! :(
Chana
www.bunnyburrow.com

10:22 p.m.  
Blogger Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

yup, been there done that after my kidney stones in '05 but i had to fill 2 of those things in the same 24 hours! (they still didn't find out why i keep making stones!)

1:26 p.m.  
Blogger Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

yup, been there done that after my kidney stones in '05 but i had to fill 2 of those things in the same 24 hours! (they still didn't find out why i keep making stones!)

1:26 p.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Awww - I've had to do that before for a bladder problem. I waited until a weekend day though! Good luck!

1:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket