Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I realize the days are passing and I am not blogging. I can't believe that while not working I could be so busy.

I was mistaken about Spring in my last post. The weather has changed and it is cold and rainy. I am sitting here in my slippers and polar fleece jacket and I am going to put warm sheets back on my bed. *sigh* Serves me right for getting too excited about an early Spring.

Everything is still going great with John (not his real name). We have so much fun together. Mostly we just sit and stare at each other and smile. Then one of us gets a thought and then...while then...you know. Yes. It is fun!

I have lost 22 pounds with Spark People. I went about 2 weeks of not logging in and wasn't losing so I realize I have to continue to go there everyday for now. I have 8 more pounds to go to reach my goal.
Oh yes. I bought a new bed. John (not his real name) gave me a brand new box spring and frame that had belonged to a family member that couldn't use it so I just had to buy a mattress. I first went to Sears where I was treated like a lower class citizen. I always seem to get that there even though my family has been shopping there for years. They make assumptions based on how I look and know I don't have $3000.00 to spend on a bed. Anyway, I got angry this time and went to Sleep Country. The lady there was so helpful and understanding. I told her right from the start that I didn't have a lot of money to spend. She went and did some research and found me a very nice mattress leftover form a previous sale. It is so comfy. I can't wait! My previous mattress is 16 years old and needed to be replaced. So say it with me...Sleep Country Canada! Why buy a mattress anywhere else?

9 Comments:

Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

A new mattress if very exciting! LOL :)

Congrats on the weightloss! GREAT JOB! :)

11:44 a.m.  
Blogger LJ said...

well make sure you umm baptize it or christen the new mattress...
*wink*

6:10 p.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

Life changes when you get a new mattress - you wont know how you lived without it. Hey, great news on the weight loss, I bet you look and feel great :)

7:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right, all too often people are judged on appearances and that shouldn't be. When they do that to me I just tell em to eat my shorts and go somewhere else like you did. I don't think it's just Sears up here. Canadians are a friendly lot except when you go into a store and I've noticed all too often they don't seem to care if you are there or not. Just buy your stuff and get out and don't bother me anymore. At least in the states most of the people are a little friendlier when you are shopping. They aren't always as friendly as Canadians when you are on the street with them but who cares, you aren't buying anything then.

Bet you'll be doing some serious snoozing now. Have a good weekend.

3:30 a.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

Sounds comfy, cozy! Glad everything is going so well. You're in love, got a new bed,and you're lookin like a hottie! Just in time for shorts and tank top time...I'm still trying to will the sun to come out with positive statements like these. LOL

1:48 p.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

So now that you have a new bed, you will be even more busy? ahem!
I find that too. If i go out in my old cloths and no make up I dont get the same treatment as when I wear nice cloths and look my best. Such a double standard. Sears is always so expensive anyways.
Awesome, 22 lbs may as well be a 100 in my case. Just havent got the will power!

1:49 p.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

22 pounds is fantastic - well done! That's hard work!

4:47 a.m.  
Blogger Sam said...

Congrats on the weightloss that's awesome!

12:53 p.m.  
Blogger LJ said...

no wonder your wheezy with breaking in the new mattress and all. *wink wink*

5:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket