Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, August 20, 2007

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A New Post...



I thought I would take the time to post something for the first time in over 2 months. I have been reading your blogs but I have been not doing anything worth posting about.

I am still working at my new job. It is ok. You know. Work's work.

Still seeing John (not his real name). We have been together almost 6 months now. It has gone by so fast and yet it seems we have been together for always. Today he surprised me with a dozen roses. 10 red and one pink and one white. I was wowified.We are both very much in love.

I am remodelling right now and everything is in a huge mess. I mean it. Stuff everywhere. I am hoping to finish painting my bathroom tomorrow but anyone who has ever painted knows it always needs more work and more coats and more touch-ups!

Kidlets are great. Norbert (the cat on the header at the top of my blog) continues his reign of evil. He becomes more evil everyday. He enjoys jumping on my stomach while I sleep and making vain attempts to escape to the outside world. He enjoys attacking feet and darting in front of me in the middle of the night if I get up. His purpose is to kill me. Yes, I may kick him accidentally and hurt him but he feels it is worth it for a greater purpose. He could eat for weeks if he manages to kill me.

The weather has been really bad. The worst summer I ever remember. We have had 3 hot days and that was it. Global warming. It is a scary thought.

With the thought of global warming I have made some small attempts to make my footprint smaller. We are no longer accepting plastic bags at the grocery store. In the USA alone , they are going through one million bags a minute. Those bags will never go away. They will never decompose. We have also stopped using all cleaners with the exception of vinegar, borax, salt, baking soda, lemon juice, washing soda and occasionally ammonia. I don't even use dishwasher detergent anymore. We have been using a mix of half borax and half washing soda. It actually cleans better than any other detergent I have tried. For laundry I use an environmentally friendly soap and also no longer use any shampoo or conditioners that harm the environment. (From a place called the Soap Exchange). In addition we have always recycled everything. There are such small steps but it makes a difference!

My mom is finished chemotherapy and had her first follow-up visit today and had a clear scan. Very good news. She goes back in three months. Praying.

That is all for now. Thanks for stopping by.

10 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

it's nice to hear from you! it's nice to hear everyone is doing great as well. Lovely to hear that the relationship is still going strong! good luck with the renovations!

9:58 a.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

I am so glad to see in update!

Your new romance sounds lovely!

Good news about your mom!

And, good luck with the remodeling.

8:23 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you! Glad that things are going well and especially glad that you mom is doing so well!!!

10:53 p.m.  
Blogger Jill said...

Oh! I was delighted to see the update. I am so so so happy to hear about Mom, the kids and John (not his real name). You deserve all of this happiness!

10:54 p.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

Hi Barb,
How thrilled am I to see you have posted an update.
Firstly, let me say how pleased I am to hear of your moms succssess with her treatments. I pray that is a continuing pattern for her in the future.
Glad to know you and John are still going strong.
Sad news about Ellen passing. She had so much living left to do. She set a standard in her courageous fight against cancer that will leave an indellable possitive image in the memories of every person who had the pleasure of knowing her.
Enjoy the last week of summer!

1:17 a.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

Great news about your mom! I think of her often so a great update like that is good for the soul. I'm also excited to read about your environmental efforts. I feel good about every little bit that we do here at home and in the office, I bet you feel amazing with all that you are doing. I'm sorry Barbara that I have been so silent. I will try and type an email to you right now, but no promises, I haven't been that good with writing these days, so sorry! It was great to see an update here, sounds like things are good.

5:30 p.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

Hey stranger! Nice to see you posted. Really happy for your mom. I hope it's smooth sailing from here on. You are awesome for all of your environmental efforts. Glad to hear that your relationship is still humming along.

3:34 p.m.  
Blogger Hillary said...

Hi Barbara! It's good to see you again. :) Love to hear the updates, and that things are going so well! I'll pray for your mom, too, that everything STAYS clear. Wahoo, what great news!

Yippee! Barbara's back! :)

7:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tramadol tramadol high cholesterol - tramadol hcl non-narcotic

1:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We absolutely love your blog and find nearly
all of your post's to be precisely what I'm looking for.

Do you offer guest writers to write content for you personally?
I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write regarding here.
Again, awesome site!

Also visit my weblog china mobile games

7:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket