Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I went to Costco today and spent too much money on things I really needed. I bought a toaster oven because my last one was heating up to about 700 degrees. I also bought a new shower head because the one I had was leaking. I didn't really need the three pack DVD's of Ghost, What Women Want and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days but I wanted it and it was only $19.99!
~
Interesting Things I Saw at Costco.
  1. Two young men looking at condoms and discussing the merits of each. When they noticed me trying not to smile they walked away.
  2. A man hugging a pair of jeans with a great big smile on his face
  3. Christmas decorations. (In August!)
  4. A lady giving out squirts of hand lotion. When I said, "No thank you" she looked like she was going to cry.

(click link)

10 Comments:

Blogger Queen on the run said...

pray tell what is a costco nazi??

9:11 p.m.  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I've seen Christmas decorations up too already! These people are insane and have totally lost the point behind it all.

I love the Costco nazi bit. Love it!

8:22 a.m.  
Blogger Kim said...

You mean you don't hug all your purchases before you put them in the cart?

10:23 a.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

Now did you mean Christmas decorations or Winter Holiday decorations? ;-)
Your Cosco must be my WalMart. Because all of the aforementioned can be found in my WalHell on any given day. Including the empty wallet syndrom on exit.

2:19 p.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

I've never been to Costco, however I have a Sam's membership and I could easily spend $100's in five minutes. I have to have a list of items I need before I walk in because suddenly everything looks like a deal I can't pass up.

5:43 p.m.  
Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

I went to Cosco for the very first time in June of this year in Calif. .....I would have stood by the men discussing condoms and interjected my own opinions :)

10:25 p.m.  
Blogger margaret said...

Hi Barbara! Thanks for visiting my (http://jump.typepad.com) blog and leaving a comment. Yes, I would be a Crazy Cat Lady, myself, except the thought of cleaning more out of the litter box holds me back. Hee!

I tend to hug my jeans with a big smile on my face when they first come out of the dryer. So soft and warm (just like a cat!).

7:13 a.m.  
Blogger Neel said...

I used to go once a week for my business and ended up spending at least $200 on myself. Its very easy to get carried away there. Have you ever seen the Seinfeld episode where Kramer goes to a Costco type store?

6:31 p.m.  
Blogger BarbaraMG said...

Have I seenthe Seinfeld episode? I am collecting all 9 seasons on DVD!

I'm so keen-o

On Beef-A-Reeno

What a delicious cuisine-o

Fit for a king and queen-o!

7:59 p.m.  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I need to find those jeans!!

8:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket