Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Jalopy!
~
My kids and I have invented a new game called "jalopy!" We started this game because I am the owner of a jalopy. It is similar to punch bug but you are supposed to find the oldest, crappiest and ugliest vehicle on the road. The game is ongoing and can go for days, weeks, months or even years. At this point I am winning with a truck that we drove by a few weeks ago. In order for it to qualify it has to be old, rusted and ugly. The only hitch is everyone in the car has to agree that it is a jalopy. (You have to be honest!) It is much more fun than boring old punch buggy and nobody gets hit in the process!
~
Update
It is almost 6:30 in the morning. I have been up since 4:00 because I am getting a damned cold given to me from my germy children. I am supposed to get the flu shot tomorrow. Can you get the flu shot when you have a cold? In other news my son has a really bad infection in his thumb. He showed it to me yesterday and (don't read any further if you are eating or have a weak stomach) it was all fiery red with pus. Ag. I had to drain it and it was so damn gross. After I got it clean it still looked infected so I took him to the
drop-in clinic sans cat. The doctor said the infection was under the nail and put son on antibiotics. He said I would probably have to drain it again. This sounds easy but I gag when I brush my teeth and eat pudding and those are supposed to be nice things! Times like this I would like a man around with a strong stomach.
Ok, I am going back to bed. I hope you all have a great and restful Sunday.
~
And later still on Sunday afternoon...I am now feeling quite lousy. I was out shopping and I...felt nature working in my intestines. I had to leave the craft store now! I knew I wouldn't make it all the way home so I stopped by my mom and dad's. My mom was having a bath and I had to run in on her. There is nothing more humbling that pulling your pants down and shitting while your mom laughs her ass off while sitting in the tub!


6 Comments:

Blogger carmilevy said...

I like it. I'm going to try it in the car on our next family drive.

Thankfully, we no longer qualify our own car as a jalopy. Been there; don't want to be there again anytime soon!

7:19 p.m.  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

Sounds like a fun game.

Hope your son's thumb better soon! Even more hope you are feeling better soon.

3:52 p.m.  
Blogger Phyllis said...

HAHAHAHAHA My sister did that to me once then left me with that stench!! EEEYYYUUU! That made for a short bath!
Do not get the flu shot if you are sick.
That game sounds like fun. My dad always counted Volvo's! We'd be in conversation and he would say "three" then continue talking. I finally asked him what he was doing and he told me he counts Volvo's!! hahahaha
By the way,it is hard to read the green words over the green checkers.

5:21 p.m.  
Blogger dena said...

I could never drain the pus. I'd throw up...literally. My older kids used to take care of each others wounds, because I was so bad at it. I get weak at the meniton of something like the thumb.

8:30 p.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for a touch of spring. Sure brightened things up.
Jalopy sounds like fun.

12:33 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, that's gotta be a humbling moment!!! LOL!
Jalopy sounds fun! Have to remember that one.

10:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket